H+K's Retail + Leisure team is looking for a talented, media-savvy consumer Account Executive to support the team across a number of high profile client brands
The Team / Role
Retail + Leisure is a team of around 18, working across - as the name suggests - retail, leisure and also entertainment and travel clients. We believe that there is now so much cross-over between these sectors, that we can share insights and inspiration across the team. Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team run busy press offices, devise and implement major brand initiatives - both globally and locally - and activate social media programmes.
Applicants should be team players and self-starters who take initiative, have solid media knowledge, good social media skills and are reliable enough to provide a solid support and coverage function for all client accounts. Experience working with sports retail, leisure entertainment and/or consumer technology hardware brands would be highly advantageous, as would a passion for running and consumer technology.
Clients may include
- A leading global electronics manufacturer, that delivers some of today’s most exciting technology innovations in the Mobile, Home Entertainment and Home Appliances categories.
- A leading entertainment brand in the UK that is constantly innovating its offer to deliver the best customer experience, introducing new propositions across its portfolio and opening new/refurbishing existing sites across the country.
- Leading portfolio of shopping centres.
- Leading multinational hotel company. We do brand building PR for a number of their properties, this means constantly coming up with creative campaigns to pitch to travel, consumer lifestyle and national press. This is a long-standing client within the Retail + Leisure team and a significant account for the agency at large.
Responsibilities + Attributes
- Assisting the team with editorial outreach, including regular media sell-ins and organising product drops/requests for media and bloggers
- Establishing strong media relationships outside of sell-ins Maintaining and regularly updating the administrative elements of the account (including coverage charts, agendas, coverage folders, media list etc.)
- Monitoring for coverage and keeping abreast of relevant industry news
- Desk research for new business pitches and current clients
- Assisting the team with managing events/photoshoot/press trip logistics
- A keen interest and ambition in and solid understanding of sports retail and consumer technology PR
What we're looking for
- An appetite for consumer brand media – both specialist and broad consumer
- A knowledge of industry trends and UK media landscape
- Confident self-starter with a proactive approach
- A strong teamwork ethic
- Excellent communications skills and strong written ability
- The desire to learn quickly and the ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Self-assured, tenacious and supportive
- Highly organised, with strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Digitally savvy, with a good knowledge of social media
- Previous work experience in PR, communications or media, ideally working within consumer communications for high profile sportswear, leisure entertainment and/or consumer technology brands
- Solid agency experience working on large scale consumer campaigns, and is confident leading a busy press office
Download H+K R+L Account Executive.pdf