PA + Team Assistant
The MDs of two of our most vibrant industry sectors are looking for a PA and Team Assistant to provide PA, administrative and business management support.
H+K is a public relations and integrated communications agency with 90 offices around the globe. H+K London is the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
Sports + Partnership Marketing
Trusted advisors to many of the industry’s highest profile sponsors and sports organisations, H+K’s dynamic Sports team has been behind some of the most talked about sponsorship activation and sports communication campaigns for more than a decade. Earning an enviable reputation and winning awards along the way, recent accolades include the In2 Sabre (Content Creation, Best Use of Twitter) and Hermes (Social Marketing, CSR) Creative Awards.
Consumer Packaged Goods
H+K’s Consumer Packaged Goods sector works with some of the world’s best known brands to shape and deliver stories across platforms and channels that will make a genuine impact on the client’s business.
The successful candidate will be an established PA with team support experience, ideally gained within an agency environment.They will be proven supporting multiple senior stakeholders within an agency or creative media environment, where the ability to manage competing priorities to tight deadlines, complex diary and travel management, proactivity and flawless attention to detail is essential to thrive.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with ELC members and their respective PA’s; members of the Global Counsel and other senior business managers their respective PA’s; SMS clients, WPP and key suppliers.
- Demonstrate a helpful, efficient and resourceful manner with all of above, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Email and Call Management:
- Comprehensive, pro-active email management - oversee and action where appropriate.
- Organise AS’s email inbox (filing, flag for action, delete) and ensure both MDs are armed with relevant documents and emails in advance of meetings.
- Answer telephone and screen calls or re-direct/action as appropriate.
- Accurately record messages, together with relevant telephone numbers.
Diary Management / Travel / Meetings:
- Comprehensive, pro-active diary management for MDs - which includes organising meetings and appointments (internal and external), schedules, travel itineraries, currency and VISA arrangement where necessary. Pro-actively re-schedule AS and CC’s internal meetings if it is observed that a previous meeting has over-run or there is a diary clash.
- Order currency and manage travel for senior team members as necessary.
- Prepare any relevant information for meetings. Ensure AS and CC are fully briefed on meetings they have been invited to (correct documents, preparation required, agenda, etc.).
- Arrange room bookings and catering. Ensure room is properly set up (e.g. agenda and other papers are printed, technology/flipchart/necessary equipment is set up, catering arrangements have been fulfilled and room is presentable to receive guests).
- Ensure external guests are met and well taken care of, notifying reception in advance of any expected visitors.
- Open and sort in-coming mail. Answer correspondence and forward post where appropriate.
- Oversee general administration for the sector head and team. Manage timesheets for MDs and expenses, (complete with job numbers). Manage petty cash, holiday, lieu days and sickness records (and forward to HR/Accounts where appropriate). Manage PO requests. Generate supplier PO numbers as directed.
- For Sports team, Manage divisional team database, ensuring monthly emails are sent and contact details are up to date. Manage all necessary follow-ups with the divisional contacts.
- For CPG team, also manage expense submissions for the MDs number two - a divisional business lead.
- For Sports team, approve all holiday requests confirming MD sign-off.
- Create and maintain filing systems (hard copy and electronic) for a range of documents including, but not limited to, client files and new business pitches/creds.
- Order teas, coffees, lunches and other refreshments for corporate hospitality and business meetings on behalf of sector head. Book restaurants as required.
- Document writing/compilation: minutes of meetings; support in preparing monthly Divisional Meeting presentations; collation of credentials and case studies, as directed. Document production/collation and formatting (PowerPoint /Word)
- Plan and prepare/send agenda for fortnightly (Sports) and weekly (CPG) Management Meetings. Take minutes and action follow-ups.
Support for HR Function within the sectors:
- Log details of birthdays/leavers/maternity leave and organise celebration/occasion activity – as appropriate.
- Ensure all staff contact details are up to date and inform HR of any changes.
- Support new starters:
- Liaise with HR, Systems and Facilities ahead of new joiners’ start date to locate and set-up a desk, phone, inbox and Blackberry/laptop if appropriate. Make sure desk is set up with stationery basics, provide H&K Welcome Pack.
- Ahead of start date, check with MD to see whether “meet the team” drinks need to be set up and organise accordingly. Support assignment of Line Manager and Buddy for all new starters.
- Greet new joiner on Day One and take responsibility for their orientation (desk, toilets, photocopiers, how to use the phone). Organise a tour of the team and building and make introductions.
- Co-ordinate new starters’ diary and make sure they have meeting with HR; Finance; Maconomy; CEO and Sector Heads
- Manage intern and work experience requirements plus all aspects of their identification, selection and day-to-day management. Organise and schedule performance management meetings and obtain feedback as instructed by MDs.
- Ensure timesheets for the team are accurate and up to date in support of Account Leads.
- Proactively manage diary of events; arrange and book venues as appropriate.
- Support the logistics for events (internal/external). Liaise with relevant suppliers and organise all necessary refreshments and equipment as required.
Commercial Awareness / Management Support:
- Develop and demonstrate your understanding of how effective PA/SMS team support adds value to the Division, and the H+K business overall.