Retail + Leisure Intern
Retail + Leisure
An internship at H+K is the ideal platform to launch your PR career, and take that first step towards establishing yourself as a communications specialist within the sector that shares your passion for a particular industry.
The Team / Role
Retail + Leisure is a team of around 18, working across - as the name suggests - retail, leisure and also entertainment and travel clients. We believe that there is now so much cross-over between these sectors, that we can share insights and inspiration across the team. Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team run busy press offices, devise and implement major brand initiatives - both globally and locally - and activate social media programmes.
We are looking for an Intern to provide support across a high-profile client portfolio of consumer technology, retail and entertainment brands. Applicants must be immediately available to start a new position.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of activities including:
- Assisting the team with editorial outreach, including media sell-ins and organising product drops/requests for media & bloggers
- Maintaining and regularly updating the administrative elements of the account (including coverage charts, agendas, coverage folders, media list etc.)
- Monitoring for coverage and keeping abreast of relevant industry news
- Desk research for new business pitches and current clients
- Assisting the team with managing event/photoshoot/press trip logistics
Responsibilities + Attributes
- A keen interest and ambition in consumer brand PR
- An appetite for current affairs, consumer technology, retail, travel, leisure and entertainment media
- A strong teamwork ethic
- Excellent communications skills and strong written ability
- The desire to learn quickly and the ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Proactivity and initiative
- Self-assured, tenacious and supportive
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, with solid experience across the core consumer channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Previous work experience in PR, communications or media, ideally working with consumer technology, leisure travel, retail and/or entertainment brands
Download H+K R+L Intern.pdf (1)