The 25 must-attend sessions at SXSW 2015
Taking a 'less is more' approach to the world's biggest interactive festival.
With just one week to go before SXSW 2015, now is the time to start locking down those schedules.
I already know the trends I’m going to be looking out for, as outlined in my post last week. But what about the specific sessions?
There are a few ‘must see’ speakers, largely the keynotes listed below (if you can get in) – but there are some others that take a little more digging to find.
I’m taking a ‘less is more’ approach. Here are my 25 ‘can’t wait to see/hear’ sessions and meetups (for the full schedule with times and locations, click here).
I doubt I’ll get to them all, but more importantly, am hoping hear about other fantastic speakers by chatting to people attending and get sidetracked. That’s often the best way to learn about the lesser-known stuff that’s going on…
1. Paola Antonelli, Senior Curator at MOMA on how designers grow the future
2. Princess Reema’s Mission to Empower Saudi Women
3. AI, Immortality and the Future of Selves; Martine Rothblatt, CEO of United Therapeutics speaks with New York magazine’s Lisa Miller about the ideas behind 'a career and a life of radical innovation'
4. Logan Green from Lyft on the future of transportation (and THAT flying car)
5. Astro Teller, Captain of Moonshots at Google(x) on the innovation process
Content & creativity
6. Storytelling for Dummies; with John Kilcullen (creator of the ‘For Dummies’ series of books), Johnny Brackett from Square and the fantastic Lauren Sherman from Shyp (who I met when she was back at TaskRabbit)
7. Where's Waldo's Voice? - H+K’s session on Social Media for Mascots
8. Infinity and Beyond: Pixar and 20 Years Since Toy Story. The most exciting line up of Pixar talent, from President of Pixar & Walt Disney, Ed Catmull, President of Pixar Animation Studios, Jim Morris, producer Galyn Susman and Director & VP Creative, Pete Docter.
9. Exploring Game of Thrones’ immersive experience, 19Reinos, which brought Westeros to life across Spain using social storytelling, gaming and live experiences
10. Biz Stone on Creativity and Redefining Success
11. What Would WuTang Do? Build a Creative Collective...
12. F1 Data Analysis Shifts Gears to Healthcare, with Dan Rutstein, Dir UK Trade & Investment at the BCG, McLaren’s Geoff McGrath and Julian Jenkins, VP R&D at GSK
13. Connectivity; The NextGen Healthcare Doctrine, from Jeroen Tas, CEO of Philips
14. The Future Role of Tech in Dining and Food, featuring of my absolute food heroes David Chang – owner/founder of the Momofuko group
15. Inc presents; The Honest Company - a conversation between Jessica Alba and Inc’s Features Editor Lindsay Blakely on the growth of Alba’s family-oriented business, which was just valued at $1bn after just four years
16. The Cast of Community on Moving to Digital
Measurement & insights
17. Do You Know the ROI of WOM? Do You Want To? - WOMMA presents the findings from its latest Return on WOM study
18. HeyHuman on ‘neuroplasticity’ and the way hyperstimulation is changing attention spans
19. 10 Inventions That Will Revolutionise Retail; by WPP's The Store and Y&R LabStore
Lounges and social
21. Decoded’s Fashion Kickoff Mixer; connecting decision-makers in Fashion, Beauty and Retail with emerging and established technology companies
22. SXSW Film + Interactive Fusion Party, presented by Syfy & Philips
23. Mashable’s MashBash
24. The annual Tumblr party, this year sponsored by Entourage
25. IPA’s Pop-Up Bar